Schengen Visit Visa from Dubai
Last Updated: Wednesday , 17/05/2023
Dubai has a strategic position on the world map giving it quick access to most of the countries in the world. Dubai is an international hub, and from there, you can visit Europe with a 5 to 8-hour flight, a shorter destination than travelling from the USA or other countries.
Europe is a popular tourist destination, but you must have a Schengen visa. Apply for a Schengen visit visa from Dubai and enjoy your European trip.
Need a Consultation?
1 Do I need a visa?
UAE citizens don't need a Schengen visa to visit Schengen countries for up to 90 days within 180 days. The bilateral agreement was signed on May 6 2015, between the European Union and the United Arab Emirates.
Nationals of other countries who reside in the UAE should first confirm whether their country of origin is on the list of countries that can enter Schengen visa-free.
A). Schengen Countries
The 27 Schengen Area Countries are:
- Czech Republic
B). Countries That need Schengen visas to travel to Europe
Citizens from the countries below must have a Schengen visa to visit the Schengen area countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Cote d'Ivoire
- Dem. Rep. Of Congo
- Dominican Republic
- Equatorial Guinea
- Papua New Guinea
- North Korea
- Northern Mariana Islands
- Papua New Guinea
- Republic of the Congo
- Saudi Arabia
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- South Sudan
- São Tomé and Príncipe
2 Types of Schengen Visas
A). Business Visa
The visa is authorized to citizens of countries with mandatory visa requirements from the Schengen zone to do business in the EU.
B). Tourist Visa
This short-stay visa allows you to travel to any Schengen country for up to 90 days for tourism or business purpose.
C). Transit Visa
the visa is issued either for 48 hours or for 96 hours. Once 48 hours visa is issued, it cannot be extended to 96 hours. The 48 hours visa is free for travellers transiting through UAE's airports though you should apply for it before arriving through a UAE-based UAE-based airline.
D). Medical visa
You must provide the relevant patient and escort documentation to apply for this visa.
Does everyone have to provide biometric data?
Travellers exempted from providing biometric data include; children under 12 years of age, those who physically cannot give fingerprints, heads of a state or governments, members of a national government, including their spouse and members of their delegation, who Schengen governments officially invite.
Exemptions to Biometrics
Travellers are exempted from providing biometrics if:
- You are under 5 years old
- The collection of fingerprints is physically impossible for you. In this case, you must provide a medical certificate to support your claim.
- You are the Head of State and a member of the national government and travel for official purposes. Your official delegations and spouses are also considered here.
- Your fingerprints were taken at most 59 months.
3 Eligibility and When to Apply
The applicant must be a citizen or resident of Dubai to apply for a Schengen visa from Dubai. They must also meet the following requirements:
- Have a passport valid for more than six months
- Have sufficient finances to support their stay in the Schengen area
- Travel insurance that covers their entire stay in the Schengen area
- The valid reason for travel
Submit your visa application at least 15 days before your intended travel date and no earlier than three months. Your application may only be processed in time if you apply at least 15 days before your travel date. Apply for a Visa in time to avoid peak season application, as getting an appointment to submit your application immediately may be difficult.
4 Rates For Full Services
The services offered include:
- Application form filling assistance
- Booking appointment
- Verification of documents
- Flight & Hotel Booking assistance
- Travel Insurance
The service fee is approximately AED 550.
The visa application fee is non-refundable even if the visa application is rejected.
5 Step by step process
Below is the Schengen visa from Dubai application process:
1. First, send all the required documents to the Tourmate visa assistance email
2. Pay your visa application fee
3. Next, complete the visa application form
4. Book an appointment at the Visa Application Center
5. Attend your appointment
6. After that, you will receive an email update when your decision has been returned to the Visa Application Center.
7. Visa ready notification
8. Finally, collect your passport from the Visa Application Center.
6 Documents Required for Applying for Schengen Visa
Below are the documents required to apply for the Schengen visa from Dubai:
- Passport valid for more than six months
- Two recent biometric passport-sized photographs (3.5x4.5 cm)
- Emirates ID or resident visa copy valid for more than three months
- Travel and hotel itinerary
- Letter from local employer/sponsor (NOL) including name, postal address and telephone number of sponsor/company, with details regarding applicant’s working position, starting date of employment and salary and timeframe of work leave (expected date to resume duties) and purpose of travel. You should include a valid trade license copy for the investor/partner of the company.
- Latest Monthly Bank Statement; Six-month bank statement (Original statement with bank seal and sign)
- Travel Insurance
- Invitation letter if applying for a Business visa
7 Preparing For Travel
Summer (June to August)
Tourists flock to Europe during this period as the weather is perfect. The busiest tourist hubs during summer include France, Germany, Switzerland, Croatia, Spain, Italy, and Greece in Western and Southern Europe.
Significance: Amazing music festivals
Temperature: Western Europe 14 -24°C Eastern Europe 14-25°C southern Europe 17-30°C Northern Europe 13-22°C
Weather: Pleasantly warm. Perfect for exploring most European countries apart from the Mediterranean coast, which is quite hot during this time.
Autumn (September to November)
This is the shoulder season for European tourism and is the ideal time to visit the Netherlands, Belgium or Sweden.
Significance: There are numerous festivals this Autumn, including La Mercé Festival of Spain, Paris Nuit Blanche of France, Great Cornish Festival of England, Alba White Truffle Festival of Italy and Cafe Budapest Contemporary Art Festival of Hungary.
Temperature: 7-14 °C. The weather and temperature are lovely for travelling though it gets wet and cold sometimes from the rains.
You should visit now: reduced tourists making it more accessible and cheaper. It’s also the perfect time if you are interested in hiking at the Alpine trails.
Winters (December to February)
Winters are brutal, with temperatures dropping to -10°C in some places like Russia or Poland.
Significance: the snowed Christmas is exciting with the busy and joyous Christmas markets that sprout all over Europe. Other festivals in winter include the famous Venice Carnival of Italy, the Amsterdam Light Festival, the Snow and Ice Sculpture Festival of Belgium and the Momentum Ski Festival of Switzerland.
Temperatures: 7 to -10°C
Weather: Most regions have extremely cold weather with cold breezes and heavy snowfall.
Spring (March to May)
Spring carries an unrivalled natural allure to Europe.
Significance: several music festivals
Weather: it's neither too cold nor hot. This is the perfect season for sightseeing and exploring Europe, which is the most beautiful.
8 Tourmate expertise
A tiny mistake in your Schengen visa application can cause disappointment and financial losses. Tourmate dedicated Global visa assistance comes in here to help with documentation of the whole application process. Tourmate ensures the accuracy of documents by screening them before taking the application to the Visa application centre. You will receive personalized information for the entire visa processing.