Japan Visa from Dubai
Last Updated: Saturday , 13/05/2023
Japan is a popular tourist destination with many attractions and points of interest ranging from heritage, food, popular culture or dark tourism.
Japan's popularity as a holiday destination has increased drastically with the increasing relevance of Otaku1 culture in the Western world.
Japan offers many things, such as cultural tourism, ecotourism, adventure, food and family tourism, as well as sex tourism.
Due to the increasing interest in Japanese culture shown by tourists, Japanese tourism has become increasingly popular, making cultural exploration one of the more important factors in travel decisions.
Japan has 21 UNESCO World Heritage Sites, including Himeji Castle, Historic Monuments of Ancient Kyoto and Nara. The most famous attractions in Japan include Tokyo and Hiroshima, Mount Fuji, ski resorts such as Niseko in Hokkaido, Okinawa, riding the shinkansen and views of Japan’s hotel and hotspring network.
Need a Consultation?
1 Do I need a visa?
A). Which countries are eligible for visa-free entry to Japan?
Travellers from the countries listed below are eligible for visa-free travel to Japan and stay for up to 90 days. The visa-free stay period for persons from Brunei is 14 days, Indonesia and Thailand 15 days, and UAE 30 days.
- Czech Republic
- North Macedonia
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
- United States
Latin America and the Caribbean
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- New Zealand
B). Japan Visa-free requirements for specific countries
Travellers from the countries mentioned below will have to meet some additional requirements to qualify for visa-free entry to Japan.
- For Indonesians, only travellers who have registered ICAO-compliant ePassport to diplomatic missions of Japan in Indonesia (the embassy, consulates-general, or the consulate). Qualify for visa-free entry. Registration is valid for three years, or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.
- Malaysia, Thailand and Serbia citizens qualify for visa-free entry only if they are holders of ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards. If you don't have the permit, then apply for a visa prior to your trip.
- Visa-free travel is available for people from Hong Kong if they hold a Special Administrative Region (SAR) passport, which is granted by the Hong Kong SAR of the People's Republic of China, or a British National Overseas (BNO) passport.
- For Macao citizens, visa-free entry is available for holders of SAR
- Barbados, Turkey and Lesotho citizens should have a Machine-Readable Passport (MRP) or ePassport in compliance with ICAO standards.
- For UAE citizens, one must have registered ICAO-compliant ePassport to diplomatic missions of Japan. The registration is valid for three years, or until the passport expires, whichever comes first.
- Peru and Colombia nationals should obtain a visa before travelling to Japan.
- Mexico, Austria, Germany, Ireland, Liechtenstein, the UK and Switzerland nationals with visa exemptions are allowed to stay for up to 6 months under bilateral visa exemption arrangement, and would want to stay in Japan for more than 90 days should apply for an extension of the duration of stay to the Ministry of Justice (Regional Immigration Bureau) before the duration permitted to stay in the country expires.
- Taiwanese nationals need to have a passport and a personal ID number.
2 Type of Japan Visas
Visas issued in Japan include:
Temporary visitor valid for up to 90 days
Multiple-entry visa for a temporary visitor
Student, worker, dependent and another status for long-term stay
3 Eligibility and When to Apply
The ideal time to apply for the Japan visa is 15 working days before the date of your trip. Do not apply earlier than 60 days, as it might expire before your departure date.
4 Rates for the full services
Services offered include:
- Application form filling assistance
- Booking appointment
- Verification of documents
- Flight & Hotel Booking assistance
The visa service charges are AED 300.
The visa application charge is non-refundable regardless of whether the visa application was successful or rejected.
5 Step by step process
The visa application process is as follows:
1. First, send all the required documents to Tourmate visa assistance via email
2. Pay your visa documents preparation charges
3. After that, complete the visa application form
4. Book an appointment
5. Visit the embassy & attend your appointment
6. Track your application
7. Visa ready notification
8. You can finally collect your passport
6 Documents Required For Applying for Japan Visa
- Passport valid for six months or more
- Two recent biometric passport-sized photographs
- Resident visa copy valid for more than three months, emirates id
- Travel Itinerary & hotel itinerary
- Letter from a local employer or sponsor (NOL), giving the employer's name, address, and phone number, information about the applicant's job, the start date of employment, the starting wage, the length of the leave (anticipated return to work date), and the reason for the trip. Additionally, copies of the investor's or partner's business license
- Six-month bank statement, most recent monthly (original statement bearing bank seal and signature)
- Travel insurance
7 Preparing for Travelling
Spring (March to May)
Nippy mornings get warmer but remain pleasant all through. The North of Japan remains cool, while the South has calm warmth that increases steadily until summer in June.
Why You Should Visit now:
visit the temples, zoo, museums, and Tokyo's Ueno Park, with over 1000 cherry trees lining its pathways. This is the perfect picnic spot for a Hanami picnic.
Catch the cherry blossoms framed against the majestic Mount Fuji at Lake Kawaguchi. There are many festivals, including Sanja Matsuri, Takayama Spring Festival, and Aoi Matsuri, the oldest continuously running festival in the world.
Summer (June to August)
Summers are a combination of heat and rain, with June being the wettest month of the year, but it is the beginning of the heat to follow. Mountain areas will offer you some relief. The Typhoon season begins at the end of summer.
Why you should visit now:
amazing local festivals like the Obon Festival when Japan honours its ancestral spirits. At the Fukugawa Hachiman Festival, a large water fight helped neutralize the heat.
Walk through history at the Hiroshima Lantern Festival and enjoy the music at the Fuji Rock Festival. Get entertained at the float parades of the Aomori Nebuta Dastori Festival and take in the finale's fireworks display.
Autumn (September – November)
The weather is extremely cold in winter, with windy days. September is full-swing typhoon season and experiences extreme temperature variations.
Why you should visit now:
attend events like the Meiji Jingu Galen Gingko festival, which celebrates autumn leaves.
Halloween is now popular with special horror events like Shibuya Halloween at Universal Studios Japan.
Special food events like Hokkaido Food Festival and Tokyo Wagyu Show occur this season. Catch a Sumo Grand Tournament at the Tokyo Basho.
Winter (December – February)
Northern alpine regions experience snowfall while the southern remain dry. Temperature is, however, still low with crisp, clear weather. This's the perfect weather for sightseeing.
Why you should visit now:
visit the Jigokundani Snow Monkey Park and watch as the monkeys lounge about in the natural hot water springs in the area.
The Sapporo Snow Festival attracts amazing talents from the country. For adventure, go skiing with the snow monsters at Zao Onsen or the slopes of Yuzawa in the Japanese Alps. Catch the winter illuminations across Japan, where gardens and cities are lightened up.
8 Tourmate expertise
A tiny mistake during visa application can cause disappointment and financial loss to the traveller. To avoid these costly mistakes, Tourmate's dedicated Global visa assistant gives you a hand to expertise the documentation for you for the whole procedure.
Tourmate ensures the accuracy of the documents by screening them before taking the application from you.
Tourmate Global Visa seeks to grant their customers personalized information for the entire visa process to be dealt with ease.
9 Frequently Asked Questions
You should also submit a lost property form to the local police station and make a new application if you need a new visa.
A single-entry visa is valid for three months after the date of issue, and it becomes invalid the moment you enter Japan.